Saturday, November 22, 2008

Scott's New Squadron



For the past 8 weeks I have been in training to get "requalified" to start instructing future Naval Aviators.  Monday morning will be my first flight with a student.  I am flying with Training Squadron SIX (VT-6) stationed at Naval Air Station Whiting Field.  Once again I will be flying the T-34C Turbo Mentor, a plane I flew from 1998 through 2002 while stationed at NAS Pensacola.  So far I have accumulated over 2,000 flight hours in this aircraft.   
In January I will be heading back to NAS Pensacola to start training in the T-6A Texan II.  The Navy will be buying the 
T-6B Texan II to replace the T-34C.  I will be involve with the transition process and training new instructors how to fly the new planes and train our future aviators.   This will definitely make my last 3 years in the Navy exciting.  
 


No comments: